The SRHA is a Silver Level Affiliate of the National Reining Horse Association (worldwide), and is affiliated with Reining Canada, and the Saskatchewan Horse Federation providing programs and events for any age and skill level. Our membership is comprised of youth, adults, and riders with disabilities throughout Saskatchewan, Alberta and Manitoba and are dedicated Horse Owners, Breeders, and Professional Trainers who invest a lot of time and money into raising, maintaining and showing their horses.
WHAT IS REINING?
Reining is a judged event designed to show the athletic ability of a ranch type horse within the confines of a show arena. In reining competition, riders are required to run one of fifteen approved patterns, each pattern includes small slow circles, large fast circles, flying lead changes, rollbacks over the hocks, 360 degree spins done in place, and exciting sliding stops
is to promote, advance, and further public awareness in the Sport of reining and to conduct Reining horse shows and other venues suitable to the interests of Reining and the welfare of our equine athletes.
- Grow interest, skill and awareness of the Sport of Reining through promotion and advertising..
- Provide opportunities for our members to promote and market reining horses as trainable, versatile horses suitable for not just reining but a variety of equine disciplines.
- Have a youth program where youth members receive points and year-end awards by volunteering and participating at Equine Events.
- Host clinics to advance education to the public, skills of our riders and the training of horses
- Host Summer Series Shows providing a FUN environment for entry level riders to come try the sport, and meet some of our members and trainers
- Host a NRHA Top 10 (in the world) Show with WORLD PARA REINING Championship qualifying classes for riders with disabilities.